Story Starters number 2

More starter sentences

  1. The gravestones stood silently, row upon row like soldiers long forgotten, a scream shattered the silence...
  2. It was there and then it had gone, why would a rabbit be on my bathroom floor? 
  3. Bleary-eyed, I went downstairs for breakfast, the house was empty, even the furniture had gone...
  4. The lights flickered and then went off, then the sirens started, it was coming, we knew it wouldn’t be the last time...
  5. The date was 13th July, my 345th birthday... it would be my last...
  6. Three of us.  We were the only ones left, the only ones to make it to the island.
  7. "What have you done?" the headmaster bellowed, all eyes now turned to me as he stood over the lifeless body on playground.
  8. Dad just sat and cried.  He cried for three whole days.  His face was blotchy and his eyes were red. Then one day he just stopped...
  9. The clock stopped... 74 minutes past 18...it was time to get up.
  10. The car screamed to a halt, four men wearing masks jumped out and ran into the nearest building, I looked around. The street was deserted except for me. 

See anything that inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment