Powerful Memories

Take a snapshot in your mind of a strong  memory that you have.  

Something fun, an activity you really like, a personal challenge or first time experience.  

Hold this picture in your mind.  
Use the best describing words you can to retell this memory so that it will burst into colour in the mind of the person that reads it 

    Plan - Draft - Edit    


Example Story

Going Down the Steep Hill!

Blood pulsing at break neck speed. Feeling nervous. I edged slowly down the steep winding road.  My only life line, a single rope tied to the branch of a tree. I looked down. I was dizzlingly high up, I felt sick.

I couldn't  move, I was scared stiff. Then suddenly the sand under my feet started to shift, I was slipping!!!

regained my balance, but I still felt petrified. Then I noticed people shouting behind me. Someone shouted, “hurry up!” For a moment I felt infuriated thinking, "they have no idea what it’s like being terrified of heights!"

I saw the beach just in front of me. I thought to myself, “you can do it - almost there.” When I finally got down I felt proud, relived 
and I 
couldn't
believe what I had just 
done. 

Thanks to a previous Ilam school writer...


No comments:

Post a Comment